We had been waiting so long, and finally, the moment arrived: on November 25 we celebrated a fabulous get-together with the dance community, went live with a new website, kicked off our fundraising campaign, announced our new name – all with artists who are participating in our program for the year. It was an evening filled with joy and enthusiasm!
First, thank you to everyone who showed up for the celebration: your warm presence rewarded us for our efforts.
A heartfelt thanks to the artists who took part in presentations:
- Kyana Lyne – for the territorial recognition
- Kama La Mackerel – for their performance around dance, the body, and territory
- Gilles Lapointe – for introducing the video excerpt about Françoise Sullivan’s choreographic journey
- Emmanuelle Bourassa Beaudoin and Angélique Willkie – for the project on Angélique’s educational legacy
- Visual artist Youloune – whose drawings were presented by Lise Gagnon as a trace of the Ancestral Memories in Dancing Bodies workshop
- Ariane Dessaulles and Josée Plamondon – for presenting the new website
- Sybille Müller – for the Se mouvoir dans l’archive project
- Sophie Michaud – for the Tracement project
A sincere thank you to our funders who believe in our mission and who staunchly support the organization’s evolution: the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec, the Canada Council for the Arts, and the Conseil des arts de Montréal, which facilitated the event.
Thank you to the team – Ariane Dessaulles, Virginie Desroches, Victoria Côté – for the flawless organization of the evening.